26.9.08

pause

Soundtrack: Sayounara, Aarigatou- Natsukawa Rimi
Mood: Weirdly empty


Currently really crazy about this new author I came across-Haruki Murakami.
Simply wanting all his works now. Translated of course.

I just finished one of his works "Norwegian Wood".
About the story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Wood_(novel)





He's the style I'm looking for, to pursue my own dreams of writing novels.

His astounding way of putting thoughts, imaginations into words stirs the emotions out of me and indeed captured 100% of interest. Not to mention his sense of humour, always funny, yet sensible as the timing is so perfect.

I couldn't resist the moment I reached home and started reading all the way through the end of it. But I didn't want it to end, just yet. I've always hated endings, they drain something from my heart, leaving an untraced weird emptiness.

Just like how the trials ended. It was all different, it's something you don't get all year eh? Some people made different jokes, some people smiled more (apart from me), some people frown more and get all tracks on their faces, some can even play around more. It's a beautiful event, a DIFFERENT view, and ending just came swishing through. I just can't bear to understand the emptiness I feel from it. Plus, we even get holidays for it, now. I'll miss 5 beta for a week.

Wouldn't it feel better, I mean having school after trials for one week, I mean, trials been pulling us apart in certain ways, maybe it would be better if we had one more week to play and enjoy classes together in class before parting out to our relaxing holidays?

AWKWARD-- Why am I saying all this? Hell. Well I still have to gear up and get ready for the fun of holidays, adapt to it! Play like siao and talk like siao and just have fun, lots of 'em.

Plans: tomorrow basketball!! sunday ktv!!! ~blank~to be filled up later...

Btw I am so worked up I can't wait to buy other books from my newly adored author.
ESPECIALLY: -Kafka on the Shore
-The Wind-up Bird Chronicle

Intrigued and totally amused by the beautiful work of Norwegian Wood,

I CAN_NOT WAIIITTTTTT~~~~~~!!!

I wish to quote some snippets from the story, for the one, and for my beloved friendlies.
"You're really cute, so cute that the mountains crumble and the oceans dry up."

"I like you a lot."
"How much is a lot?"
"Like a spring bear."
"What's that all about? A spring bear."
"You're walking through a field all by yourself one day in spring, and this sweet little bear cub with velvet fur and shiny eyes comes walking along. And he says to you, 'Hi there, little lady. Want to tumble with me?' So you and the bear cub spend the whole day in each other's arms, tumbling down the clover-covered hill. Nice, huh?"
Doctor:"Wow, that's some short skirt you're wearing!"
"Nice, huh?"
"What do you do on stairways?"
"Nothing special, I let it all hang out."The nurse chuckled behind the doctor.
"Incredible. You oughta come and let us open your head one of these days to see what's going on in there. Do me a favour and use the lifts while you're still in the hospital. I can't afford to have any more patients. I'm way too busy as it is."

Owh, I'm gonna reread it after i get Kafka on the Shore!! @@

DESIRES>>

Well, that pretty much summarises my inspiration today. Tired.
Rumors say that Norwegian Wood would be out as film in 2010!!

MORE DESIRES>>

Okay, enough. Thats the gist of it.
Jyaa ne {@,,,#}"

No comments:

ponder

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.
That myth is more potent than history.
That dreams are more powerful than facts.
That hope always triumphs over experience.
That laughter is the only cure for grief.
And I believe that love is stronger than death.
-Robert Fulghum

The opposite of love is not hate,
it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness,
it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy,
it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death,
it's indifference.
-Elie Wiesel

All men and women are born, live suffer and die;
what distinguishes us one from another is our dreams, whether they be dreams about worldly or unworldly things, and what we do to make them come about...
We do not choose to be born.
We do not choose our parents.
We do not choose our historical epoch, the country of our birth, or the immediate circumstances of our upbringing.

We do not, most of us, choose to die;
nor do we choose the time and conditions of our death.
But within this realm of choicelessness, we do choose how we live.
-Joseph Epstein


Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle.The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.
-Ayn Rand

Smile at each other, smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other -- it doesn't matter who it is -- and that will help you to grow up in greater love for each other.
-Mother Teresa


Dream as if you'll live forever...live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean